Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Friend Forever






When I was still inside her,

Gently, she promised me,

"Darling, I'll be your friend forever."



I came out and heard her sound

When she held me softly and said,

"Darling, I'll be always around."


On her face she had a concern

while she played with my curls.

"Darling," she said, "Its time to learn."


She wanted me to fly like a bird,

Held my finger and taught me to walk.

"Darling," she said, "Go see the world."


She achieves when I achieve.

When I am depressed, she supports.

"Darling," she says, "In you I believe."


I share all my secrets with her.

She keeps them safe.

To all my queries she has the answer.


When I am wrong, she smiles,

Calmly corrects me and says,

"Darling,” you are still a child."


Her advice still comes to me unbound.

to guide me in highs and lows.

"Darling," I hear her whisper, "Mom is always around."


Now, when my unborn is inside me,

with each breath I assure her,

“Darling, with you, I’ll always be.”

No comments: